Monday, February 24, 2014

RINCON!

2-17
hola family,
This week was alright. We've found a lot of investigators the last few weeks but this week we just couldn't get a hold of them. We're trying to work with the members but we ended up tracting a lot. We found a new investigator named Carlos. He understands everything and is doing really good. The only problem is he has a special needs child that he can't take anywhere or he just destroys everything in his path. He wasn't able to travel to Coelemu but he said he'll be able to come to Quirihue this week. We had a super awesome activity at our house on Friday. We did a game that we played a long time ago with our stake. You have to follow a rope blind folded with an egg in your hand and there's Satan's temptations trying to break your egg before you reach the end of the rope or eternal life. It was hilarious and everyone loved it. Not much else happened this week. My ping pong skills are improving a lot! The new Argentino in our house is really good and we've been playing a lot. Being district leader is really hard but I love it. I'm starting to recognize the guide of the Holy Ghost so much more and all the blessings that we receive every day. I love this work and I know its true! Love everyone!

Elder Roberts2-24
Hola Everyone, 
This week was not the greatest. Everyone is on vacation and we've been having trouble finding people to teach. Half of our contacts don't even live here. Vacations are now over so this week should be a lot better. We found out one of our good members Miguel Gaillard just has a few days left to live. Before church on Sunday we got to go to the Hospital and give him a blessing. It was a really good spiritual experience. It is really sad because everyone in the branch has been friends with him for years. It would be great if you could keep him in your prayers.
On Saturday we went to faria that they have every Saturday here. A long road with people selling tons of random things. We have some members that sell there so we set up a table with pamphlets and book of Mormons. We sat there and made contacts for about three hours and it was actually really successful. We had the greatest time and set up about sixteen appointments between the four of us. I think that will now be a weekly activity.
This week my fear for spiders just increased. I was on a mini cambio a few weeks ago and found a lady that lost two fingers and now has a whole in her stomach from a spider called a Rincon. This week we were contacting and talking to some lady and all the sudden she yelled and said there was a spider on my back! The spider ran up to the collar of my shirt and then she told me its a Rincon! I freaked out and my companion hit it off and killed it. She then told me she saved my life and because I'm a servant of the Lord and he's watching over me. Its so true! Well I love you guys!

Elder Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment