Tuesday, February 11, 2014

2-3
This week with the cambios we got a new missionary in our house from Buenos Aires, Argentina right where Parker lives. He has a weird Argentina accent. My first week being a district leader went awesome. There's only six missionaries in my district so that's really nice. The Elders I live with and then two sister missionaries. We are all super young in the mission! Three of us have six months, one has 4 months and two only have a month and a half! We all have a lot to learn but we're actually doing super good. We have a good group of investigators right now. Last night we found a couple that just had a baby. We had an awesome lesson with them. The husband has a few doubts but his wife accepted baptism! They have definitely been prepared and I'm super excited to teach them. Church was in Coelemu this week. We were out picking up some of our members before church and we decided to invite some guy that we taught a few days ago. He smells horrible and has a huge beard full of food. Its disgusting but we invited him anyways and surprisingly he came. During church he kept running out of the room pretending to talk to people on the phone in English. It was funny because he knew like ten words in English. He then started pushing buttons and making his phone beep. Everyone was just staring at him the whole time, It was horrible. He then left again for another phone call and then left the building and disappeared. I think something is wrong with his brain and I don't think we'll be visiting him anymore. Thanks for the package mom! Love all you guys!

Elder Roberts

2-10

Dear Family,
This week week went super good. Being a district leader is a lot more work but I'm loving it. I got to go to a new leader Conference in Concepcion on Tuesday so I got to go stay in a place called Dichato for a night. When the earthquake happened, Dichato got hit worse than every other part and got destroyed. It was super fun to work there. I stayed with Elder Mitten from my MTC group so that was awesome. The conference went great, I've learned so much these last few weeks. I also did my first baptismal interview This week. The other Elders in our house baptized an 18 year old kid named Eric. At his baptismal service I accomplished one of my mission goals to play the piano at a meeting. I played "God speed the right" the only song I know and my companion sang a solo. It was hilarious because my companion had to follow my rhythm which was way off, and I messed up like 7 times but I finished the whole song so I was pretty proud of myself.
We worked super hard this week and found a lot of people to teach. We had 8 investigators committed to go to church Saturday night! I was so excited for Sunday until not one of them showed up and we had about 12 there total. Super, Super disappointing. I guess it just means we need to work on our commitments to go to church. We are finding a lot of people though and we have a lot of people to work with this week. Love you guys! Take advantage of the snow while you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment