Wednesday, November 12, 2014

11/3
Hello family!
We're still having a great time here in Parral! This week got really cold, you never know how the weather is going to be here. I realized I was a getting a little lazy in the mornings so I've started doing track stretches again every morning and I feel amazing. I'm definitely out of shape and not flexible at all so I'm going to try and keep that going. We do get a lot of exercise on our bikes though so that's been good. My bike is getting really beat up. The other day I was on a little dirt trail and I saw a little jump and I just got so excited to hit it as fast as I could. I got some pretty good air but landed on a very flat landing and completely bent the bike. I don't think it will last very much longer. Halloween this week was a little disappointing. I thought I would get more candy but we ended up being in houses all day and I forgot it was even Halloween.
We are still struggling to find investigators. We are really trying to work through the members to get references and with some patience were starting to get some references. We are working a lot with a recent convert named Gabriel, who is like a machine of references. Every time we go to his house he has a different friend that he's hanging out with and he immediately invites us in and starts sharing the gospel with them. If every member was like that, the church would grow ten times faster! I hope you guys are doing your best to share the gospel with you non member friends! Love you guys!

11/10
Hello family and friends,
First off I want to give a happy birthday to the greatest Mom in the world!!! I love you mom and I hope you have an awesome day and that they treat you well! Also Happy birthday to my Broski Dillon!! That blows my mind how big the kid is!
We had an amazing week this week here in Parral! This whole week was seriously full of blessings. First off like I told you last week were working with a recent convert named Gabriel that is like a machine of references and we are now working with 4 of his friends that are really interested.  We are working with a guy named Christian that we just started talking to one day in Gabriel's house and he was not doing good at all. He said he wanted to change his life, so we shared a little bit about baptism and gave him a Book of Mormon and set up an appointment for another day. The next visit we had he looked like a completely different person with a hair cut, shaved, and with his Book of Mormon open on the table. He said he had received and answer and he wants to get baptized. It was amazing to see how he changed so fast. But the only problem is that he lives with his girlfriend and he's not married so we'll have to see how that goes this week.
We received an awesome reference from a less active that we are working with. She invited a family of 4 to church this Sunday and they all came except for the husband. They loved church and we went and visited them that afternoon and they all accepted to be baptized within five minutes. They are definitely the most chosen investigators that I have found in my mission and I'm super exited to work with them. It would be great if you could pray for them. Their names are Blanca (the mom), Sebastian that's about 12 years old, and I forgot the name of the dad and the daughter but I'll get that to you next week. Les amo y que tengan una buena semana!


No comments:

Post a Comment