Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A picture of a desk from Sam!

Hola!!!!! 
This week has been awesome! It gets better every day here. Its crazy- it has been two weeks already! The first few days were super slow but now its flying by. It is really weird- I love to study and read now! I love the Book of Mormon and I wish I read it 100 times before I came. I'm super exited for Jeff and Robert to come tonight! But 
there´s going to be so many people here! There was already a ton of kids that came last week and I think there are a lot more coming tonight. Almost all of the missionaries here are going back to the states except for the missionaries going to Chile. And there are a lot of people going to Utah! One of my friends, Elder Poulsen is going to the Draper Sandy area so if you see him say hi! We got two new Mexican roommates last week and they speak no English. They're awesome except that we just found out why our dorm smells so bad. They put all their toilet paper in the garbage instead of the toilet. We're gonna have to have a talk with them tonight.
The Spanish is coming along great! We have a couple investigators and we teach them about every day. It is so hard to teach in Spanish! We also teach the Mexicans in our dorm at night which helps a lot! Every Sunday every missionary has to prepare a talk in Spanish and then they call up random people during the meeting to speak. I got lucky and didn't have to speak this week but that means I'll probably be speaking next week!
My new favorite sport is volleyball! We play every day and I dominate the net! My hamstring is getting better but its not 100%. I haven't really done anything to hurt it so I'm hoping it will start feeling better in a week or two.
I really want to weigh myself because I think I´ve gained some weight. My pants are getting really tight on the waste. I'm loving the food. I feel like we're always eating and I'm gonna be a marshmallow after six weeks but I would still love snacks! I get really hungry at night. And for some reason I cant get any money out of the ATM with my card? and I don't know if I know the pin to the new card you gave me. We get 120 pesos a week but it would be really nice to have a little more money.
The rain here is insane! I've never seen rain like this before. It rains super hard for about an hour and then it clears up and it is super nice. I love my shoes! They do awesome in the rain, I've stepped in a ton of huge puddles so thanks for the extra pair! We don't ever get to leave the MTC except when we go to the temple so that's kind of a bummer but we get to go one more time! I love driving through Mexico City but I see so many taco stands and they won't let us outside of the temple grounds!
Thanks for the update on all the farewell talks! I wish I could have been there but I bet they were awesome. I hope you guys are having a good summer. Tell me more about it! Sounds like the poopy garbage can cleaning went good! I bet the back yard smells horrible. Tell Jaxson and Dillon Hi!!! And tell Tyler to write me so that I have his email. I love you Mommy and Dad and all the bros!!!!!! I'll send you some pictures that I didn't have time to send last week!

Love,

Sam
 

No comments:

Post a Comment