Monday, September 2, 2013

I have fleas!



8-25-13
Hola!!! I made it through my second week! I seriously love it here. My zone is awesome. There are 2 other kids from Alta in my zone. One of them is Ryan Jensen, who I ran track with, so that is pretty cool. And I just talked to Danny Ainge's son who's also in my district. I've learned a ton from my companion and I'm starting to be able to understand a little bit of whats going on. We had a two day missionary training this week. It was awesome! I got to see my MTC district again. It was super weird seeing all of them again. I heard you talked to Elder Watson's mom. He's doing awesome. We did a lot of teaching this week. It is so hard teaching in spanish and I get lost a lot during the lessons because they talk so fast. I'm learning a ton though and I can understand a lot more. The dogs here are crazy. I was scared for my life a couple times this week. A few days ago we were walking home at night and 5 dogs started running at us. I´ve never seen dogs so angry before. Me and my companion just started throwing rocks like crazy and that scared them away. I went two weeks without getting flees and I woke up this morning and I think I got bit like 30 times. Its horrible! They're definitely worse than mosquitoes. The food here is actually pretty normal and it's super good for the most part. Yesterday for lunch a member gave us plain slices of tomatoes covered in mayo. My two least favorite things in the world. I almost threw up but I managed to scarf it down. I don't know if you've sent me any mail but I guess it takes a super long time to get here. The post office is on strike right now so we have no idea when we can get our mail. Still send me stuff though because I`ll get it eventually! I'm super jealous of your park city vacation. That sounds like heaven. Let me know how your scavenger hunt for Parker goes! Thats hilarious. I love you guys!!!!

Elder Roberts

9-1-13
Beach Day today!!! I just got back from playing football on the beach! I didn't think I would be able to go to the beach so I was super exited. It was awesome and I have some cool pictures! I realized I didn't give you guys very much information on where I am and what it is like here so I'll try and answer all of your questions. The weather here is usually really nice during the day and super cold at night. I used my down sleeping bag for a little bit but it was too hot so I'm just using the comforter and I sleep great. I'm literally being eaten alive by fleas! I've only seen one flee but somehow I have a million bites. 
they're like mosquitos but 100 times worse and the don't go away. I spray my bed like crazy every night with bug spray but it doesn't seem to do any thing so if anyone has some tips that would be great! Other than the fleas, it's awesome here! I seriously love every second of it. Its getting super frustrating not being able to understand very much but I can definitely notice the improvement every week. Right now I am in Concepcion, Leguna Redonda and thats all I know. I can get the address for you if you want. This week we have two people committed to baptism! Daniela- who's mom is a member but nobody else in her family. We've been working a lot with their family. Their dad Omar is a little stubborn but I think he`ll get baptized eventually. We found another girl this week named Korina. She accepted baptism the first visit and was super exited to come to church! It was awesome! My companion says that almost never happens. Max and Ryan sound like they're doing awesome! Tell jaxson not to worry about the plays too much and just do his best. When I was his age I had no idea what was going on all the time and I don't think I figured out how the plays worked until after gremlins. The mail isn't on strike anymore so all the mail will be coming soon if you sent any! Love you guys!!!

Elder Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment