Monday, September 16, 2013

It's getting warmer!

This week started out with a ton of rain! I put on all my new rain gear and then I found out that the big Mr. Mac coat is like a sponge! And my other windbreaker jacket got destroyed and I was drenched! It is a good thing that was probably the last of the rain this year but I definitely need some new stuff for next winter. It`s getting a lot warmer now and I'm super excited for the nice weather. We had a zone conference on Thursday and it was awesome! I do see Hermana Heslop sometimes. She's super nice and just got here a little before me. She is great!  In the meeting we talked a lot about the power of the Book of Mormon. So this week we started using the Book of Mormon  a lot more and it was amazing how powerful the Book of Mormon is! We found so many people because of it. I was able to give 3 blessings this week. I almost wet my pants every time because it is so hard to do in spanish. But they all went great. I think my spanish has improved a lot this week. For the first time I understood almost all of the talks in church on Sunday. It was great but if were talking about anything else but the gospel,  I am still pretty lost. Thank you for sending me a package!!! I might need some stuff though. We give our laundry to a member in our ward and she takes a whole week to do it. I have to wear all of my stuff 2 or 3 times every week so maybe some more garments and socks would be nice. The first week I didn't know how long it took for her to do my laundry so I gave her all of my clothes and I was stuck with the same clothes for 4 days. I smelled horrible! Sorry I haven`t sent you pictures of my apartment, I'll make sure to do that next week. It's not bad at all. I think it is one of the nicer apartments in the mission. There's one big room where we all sleep and then two study rooms. It is pretty cold all of the time. We have a tiny electric heater that works pretty well I guess. We don't have a working stove which is kind of a bummer so I just make oatmeal and cereal for breakfast and ramen for once. They don't have dinner here they just call it once, and its just a little meal. My hamstring is doing awesome. I've been doing the band stretches pretty consistently. It still hurts a little when I sit down for a long time but it is doing great. This morning we played soccer with our stake. I've never felt so uncoordinated in my life. They're all amazing and I got destroyed. It wasn't fun at all. They're also super good at ping pong. Well thats about it this week. I saw in Parker's letter something about the BYU game! Let me know what happened! Love you guys! Tell Grandma Bliss that I am praying for her. She looks great! Tell her I love her and miss her like crazy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment