Thursday, October 9, 2014

Hello everyone! We had some changes again. Every six weeks seriously flies by like nothing. Elder Kemner will be leaving and I will be getting a new companion. This morning I learned that God really wants me to learn the principle of patience when I found out I will be training another gringito! To be honest, I wasn't too excited at first because it really does take a lot of patience and you are on your own for the first few weeks but I do love training and the new kids always have so much animo to work so I'm pretty excited. I will be traveling to Concepcion tomorrow to pick him up and I'll let you know next week who it is.
We don't have very many investigators right now but we are working with a man named Fernando. He's the father of a less active and has cancer. They sent him home from the hospital telling him he had a few months to live and now it has been almost a year and he said the only thing that will stop him from getting baptized is if he dies. He says he's not feeling too good right now so were praying for him that he can live to be baptized. We are also hoping that he really has the desire to go to church because he wasn't able to go this week.
Conference was amazing! I felt like this year they were just so powerful especially President Monson and you could really tell that they are Prophets and Apostles of God. I really liked the talk by Richard G. Scott and the four things that we need to be doing. Prayer, scripture study, Family home evening, and going to the temple. I really liked what he said about family home evening and how nothing is more important on Monday night. Its not just something short but the whole evening and not even school work is more important.
That killed me to hear about the end of the explorer. I felt a special bond with that car -almost like it was my brother. Hopefully I can see him again. Love everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment